Monday, April 20, 2009

4/20/09--UPDATED

In honor of 4.20...
-- Marijuana is known by almost 200 other names including pot, grass, weed, or mary jane.

-- It is "by far" the world's most commonly used illicit drug.

-- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main mind-altering ingredient.

-- The strength of the drug depends on the amount of THC in the marijuana which is affected by
factors such as plant type, weather, soil, and time of harvest.

-- Marijuana is usually smoked in a pipe or water but most often in loosely rolled cigarettes which can be laced with other substances including cocaine and phencyclidine (PCP).

-- Marijuana can also be brewed into tea or mixed into baked products (often cookies or brownies)

-- Chronic marijuana smokers are prey to chest colds, bronchitis, emphysema, and bronchial asthma.

-- Regular use can delay the onset of puberty in young men and reduce sperm production or disrupt normal mothly cycles and inhibit ovulation for young women.

-- Although patients claim that smoking marijuana has helped them deal with pain or relieved the symptoms of glaucoma, or nausea caused by cancer chemotherapy, US law still classifies marijuana as a controlled substance, meaning it has no "acceptable" medical use.

This DRUG has not been legalized. IMO the reason is that the Government has not quite figured out how to tax it yet :)

Update:

Since everyone is so interested in my 4/20 Blog check this out:

In 2005, Denver became the first major city in the U.S. to make the private use of less than an ounce of marijuana legal for adults 21 and older. The city voted 53.49%-46.51% in favor of the marijuana legalization measure. It should be noted that this initiative does not usurp state law, which currently treats marijuana possession in much the same way as a speeding ticket, with fines of up to $100 and no jail time [2].
In 2007, Denver once again voted in favor of marijuana policy reform, overwhelmingly approving a measure that designates private adult marijuana possession the city's "lowest law enforcement priority." Voters approved the measure 57-43, creating a new city ordinance and a city panel to ensure the ordinance is being implemented "to the greatest extent possible." Mayor John Hickenlooper is charged with creating the 11-member "Marijuana Policy Review Panel," and it began meeting quarterly in 2008.

15 comments:

The Pharisee said...

"Chronic marijuana smokers are prey to chest colds, bronchitis, emphysema, and bronchial asthma."

Hmmmmmm....

Anything to do with your Asthma problems in February?

Rozita said...

I don't know! Do you want me to piss in a cup for you? I heard you like that kind of stuff :)

The Pharisee said...

Ms. Swinton, LOL,

I have no earthly idea what you're taking about. I could speculate, but the range of possible reasons is far too diverse for me to begin to form a response on so little information.

I can tell you that I've never been tested. Apparently there has never been anyone who say a need to do so.

Rozita said...

Pharisee, LOL,

I have no earthly idea what you're taking about. I could speculate, but the range of possible reasons is far too diverse for me to begin to form a response on so little information.

I can tell you that I've never been tested. Apparently there has never been anyone who say a need to do so.

The Pharisee said...

Rozita,

I have a daring suggestion for you. How about giving me an interview?

You know you want to tell someone....

In view of the fact that I've been chasing you all this time, what if we just talked?

There's bound to be some things we've gotten wrong out here, that you could set us straight about.

For instance, did Newbridge really google up Dale Barlow's name and give it to you? That's utterly priceless.

I'm sure I'M wrong about you, but failing to have any exchange, it's very hard to correct that record.

Rozita said...

Pharisee,

I have a daring suggestion for you. How about you and I sit down and smoke a blunt together?

You know you want to ....

Then we can see if were up for a chat after you've had your medication!

Betty said...

Apparently, the Pharisee has never applied for a job with any responsibility. Most of them require you to pee in a cup as a matter of procedure.

The Pharisee said...

Too funny, I'm on two state Websites as having responsibilities that require some version of security screening.

Rozita said...

What are you talking about? You are making no sense as usual!

The Pharisee said...

Try more dope....

Rozita said...

Prove It! :)

Rozita said...

Pharisee,

When you grow up and stop playing childish games, maybe I will communicate with you. The tactics that you are using in to try and intimidate me along with name calling gets you no where. How do you expect me to trust you out of all the people who want to interview me? Do you truly think calling me names will get me to talk to you? If it makes you feel better to get these things off you chest, then its ok with me just don't expect me to publish bullshit comments for your deprived readers to read.

I'm a happy person :)

Anonymous said...

pharisee, da wanna be detective, lawyer,security, polygamist. you really stretchin it now hughy!!!
did your wife leave ya hughy because you can't keep a job? or did she leave ya cause you wanted a 12yr old bride?

The Pharisee said...

Nony...

My first wife was a year older than I, my second wife was 37 when I married her.

I've been married continuously since I was 26 years old.

Anonymous said...

AHHH Hugh is a serial Polygamist - only he has them one at a time - cant seem to keep law and order in the house with more than one woman swinging rolling pins...

- Stamp